mardi 6 novembre 2012

Waffenträger 105mm- Hull camouflage (Part 4)

Salut à tous ! Vous avez manqué l'épisode précédent ? Pas de problème ! Ca se passe ici !

Hi everyone! You missed the previous episode? Don't worry! It's happening here!

MERCI ! C'est tout ce que j'ai à dire concernant les différents sets AK-Interactive utilisés ici ! Lesquels ?


THANK YOU! It's all I have to say concerning the different AK-Interactive sets used here! Which ones?



Worn Effects

German Dunkelgelb

1945 German Late War Colors


Mes amis ! Quelle session de peinture ce fut là! Je me suis éclaté après avoir quand même bien stressé !

My friends! What a painting session was this! I've had so much fun after having stressed a lot!

Un petit pas-à-pas s'impose. J'ai commencé hier à regarder quel camouflage conviendrait pour mon Waffenträger. Je le trouvai à la page 61 pour le E-75 dans le livre 1945 German Camouflage Profiles (dont l'article est consultable ici).
Me voilà donc avec du scotch Tamiya à réaliser ceci :

A small step-by-step is compulsory. I started looking for an appropriate camouflage for my Waffenträger, yesterday. I found it on page 61 for the E-75 in the 1945 German Camouflage Profiles (which article is here).
So there I was with my Tamiya tape making this:


L'ennui est que les bandes étaient bien trop parallèles et surtout horizontales sur le glacis avant du tank. Donc j'ai recommencé, en faisant cela :

The problem was that the stripes were way too parallel and mostly horizontal on the front plate of the tank. So I started again, doing this:

C'est bien mieux, n'est-ce pas ?
It's much better, isn't it?







Maintenant que faut-il faire ?
  1. Appliquer à l'aérographe du Worn Effects. J'en ai passé deux couches pures.
  2. Appliquer la couleur verte à l'aérographe.
J'ai tenté une légère modulation, mais ce n'est pas transcendant !

Now, what to do?
  1. Airbrush Worn Effects. I sprayed two pure layers.
  2. Airbrush green.
I've tried some modulation, but it's not really visible!



Et après ? Et bien après on prend tout ce qui gratte ! J'ai utilisé un pinceau dur imbibé d'eau, des objets métalliques, des cure-dents... Bref, de quoi érailler la peinture. ET CA MARCHE DU FEU !!!

Then what? Well, then you use anything that scratches! I used a hard brush tipped in water, metallic objects, toothpicks... Well, anything to chipp the paint. AND IT WORKS LIKE HELL!!!

Sympa, non?
Nice, huh?





Ensuite :

  1. Protéger avec du vernis (j'ai utilisé du Klir cette fois-ci).
  2. Repositionner du scotch.
  3. Appliquer à nouveau du Worn Effects.
  4. Peindre en rouge.
Then:
  1. Protect with varnish (I used Klir this time).
  2. Place tape.
  3. Airbrush Worn Effects.
  4. Airbrush red.
Quel bazarre!
What a mess!



Enfin :
  1. Retirer le scotch avec beaucoup de soin le scotch.
  2. Produire les éraillures.
  3. Protéger à nouveau.
Finally:
  1. Take the tape off with a lot of care.
  2. Create chipping.
  3. Protect once again.





Il reste encore quelques traces de peinture non voulues, mais cela se cachera sous quelques coups de pinceau. C'est une première pour moi, alors je peux vous dire que je suis extrêmement satisfait ! Et vous ?

There are still some undesired paint stains, but that will be hidden under some paint with a brush. It's a first time for me, so I can tell you I'm really satisfied with the result. What about you?

Vous croyez que j'ai le droit d'être content de mon travail ? Par contre, si quoique ce soit vous tape à l'oeil, dites-le moi! Je tiens à progresser!

Do you think I can be happy with my work? Still, if something bugs you, tell me! I want to get better!

4 commentaires:

  1. the camo looks very tasty, but I don't really like what you did with chipping fluid on the nose. doesn't look together with everything (so far).

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh... I'm sorry to read that! It's going to be tough moving back, isn't it? Do you think I should have let it without any scratch? I'll ponder on this.
      Thanks, Bizarre!

      Supprimer
    2. I don't know what is your vision of this vehicle as a finished model. if it is brand new from the factory then large chipping is excessive. if it was through heavy fighting - then it is something different. You decide. And I don't want to brake your plan. I just mean that the chipping doesn't look together so far up to my taste.
      As for fixing it - shouldn't be a big deal if you decide to do that. just mask the areas you need to correct and spray some more green on them... WHen I was doing Bison I had a problem with hairspray and it was going off in layers and not small random chips. I stripped the paint at the end and restarted, but in this case it looks just like 5 minutes of airbrushing on the front part of the vehicle if you decide to correct that.

      Supprimer
    3. You're probably right! I haven't yet thought of what would have been the background of that tank. It's a prototype so it shouldn't have been that much on the battlefield... Maybe a layer of green over the over-done chipping would be a good option! I'll think about this!
      Thanks for your advice, Bizarre!
      Alex

      Supprimer